Sinus Precautions in Toronto, ON
If you have had surgery in the sinus region or surgery that was very close to your sinuses, please follow the recommendations below:
FOR THE NEXT 10-14 DAYS
- No nose blowing
- If you must sneeze, sneeze with your mouth open.
- This prevents backpressure into the nose and sinus by opening the mouth and allowing air to come out of the mouth as well as the nose.
- Avoid smoking
- Do not use a straw when drinking
- This will cause back pressure in the sinus passages.
- Maintain antibiotic therapy and decongestants as directed
It is our desire that your recovery be as smooth and pleasant as possible. Following these instructions will assist you, but if you have questions about your progress, please call the office during office hours at 416.461.0424. If there is an after hours concern please do not hesitate to call Dr. Kaplan on his personal mobile at 647.539.6565.