If you have had surgery in the sinus region or surgery that was very close to your sinuses, please follow the recommendations below:
FOR THE NEXT 10-14 DAYS
- No nose blowing
- If you must sneeze, sneeze with your mouth open.
- This prevents backpressure into the nose and sinus by opening the mouth and allowing air to come out of the mouth as well as the nose.
- Avoid smoking
- Do not use a straw when drinking
- This will cause back pressure in the sinus passages.
- Maintain antibiotic therapy and decongestants as directed