A beautiful smile always adds an attractive charm to appearance. If you are thinking what makes your smile beautiful? Don’t stress too much! It is just impossible without healthy teeth. There are so many reasons behind the loss of teeth at an early age. It could be accidental injuries or some sort of oral infections.
But we should be thankful that there are so many cures available like dental implants, they are the robust options to recover the tooth loss.
I am sure everyone is aware of dental implants.
But there is one other important thing that might be important to know and i.e. bone grafting.Let’s dive in to know what is bone grafting for dental implants and how they are important to retain facial bone structure.
What is Bone Grafting for Dental Implant Healing?
Grafting is a simple procedure that is carried out in the patient’s mouth to replace the natural supporting bone to implants. When it comes to such deficiency, it is caused by the following different reasons.
- Severe gum diseases.
- Injuries and traumas.
- Vacant space caused by the removal of teeth etc.
Bone grafting is an essential procedure associated with dental implants. These both are intensive dental procedures that require specialists to handle it carefully. If you ever consider having implants, prefer to choose a certified dentist and clinic.
Cautions to Follow After Bone Graft and Implant
Bone graft teeth and implants left patients in a little bit of discomfort. Thus, one has to be cautious about his/her eating habits for some time. After having the procedure, one may experience swelling, bleeding, and minor pain.
All of these are temporary symptoms and may heal in some time. Here are the few steps that you should do to handle the implants and grafts ideally.
- Place gauze over the surgical area immediately after surgery. One must change it within a regular interval of 30 minutes until the bleeding gets subsidized.
- Touching of the surgical area must be prohibited after surgery because vigorous touching of the place can initiate bleeding. Gentle rinsing of the mouth is advised on the day of surgery to keep the mouth clean.
- It can cause a little bit of discomfort after the anesthesia wears off. So, don’t forget to make use of painkillers and the medication your dentist prescribed.
- Restrict your eating patterns and habits until you are not back to normal. It will take a maximum of 8-10 days to come back to normal. Within the time period, one needs to be careful about his mouth and the activities he/she is carrying out.
- You can use icepacks on the side of the face where surgery was performed to feel comfort and relaxation. You can use other methods as well to avoid selling.
- Don’t ever smoke because it lessens the chances for successful bone grafting.
Advantages and Benefits of Bone Grafting
- Restoration of bone structure makes a patient restore their facial look and appearance. It may help to prevent the formation of other dental diseases.
- It provides good support for implants so that they can last longer.
- It boosts self-confidence and self-esteem in patients. Usually, dentists use bone graft for dental implant healing.
- Most probably grafting is needed when atrophy bone goes missing because of loss of teeth. It may cause deformity and can cause problems in normal functionalities of the mouth like eating, chewing, and speaking.
- All dental procedures such as dentures and implants require stable and strong jawbone for successful placement. Grafting is the only way to get it done perfectly.
- The vacant space in the mouth because of a missing tooth may cause surrounding teeth to move and shift. This shift may change the overall facial bone structure. Bone grafting Toronto, ONis the only way to prevent such occurrences.
- Bone grafting is also effective in the cases of traumas, sinus, and severe infections in the jawbone.
- Dental bone grafting is one of the most profound dental procedures that are highly popular to deal with various dental issues carefully. It provides strong foundations for the corrective procedure in dentistry and is helpful in the restoration of the facial bone structure once again.
All in all bone grafting is very effective in the world of dentistry. But there is one condition attached i.e. an experienced and qualified dentist must carry out the surgery. So if you ever need of getting a procedure done on your mouth, you should prefer to go to a qualified dentist.