During your first appointment you will have a thorough examination. All the findings will be explained to you, and any recommended treatment will be advised. We will also ensure that all your questions and concerns are answered. Typically, procedures (surgery) are performed at the next appointment. This is done to ensure that all the correct medical information is gathered, and to provide appropriate instructions for sedation.
Important reminders for your first appointment:
- If rescheduling your appointment is necessary, 48 hours notice is required or a fee will be charged for the time reserved.
- If you require sedation, have no food or drink for eight hours prior to your appointment and arrange to have someone accompany you home and be with you for the remainder of the day.
- Minors (less than 18 years old) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Bring a referral form from your dentist to your appointment.
- Please wear clothing with short sleeves.
- For patients wearing contact lenses, please bring your carrying case.
- Please bring an updated list of all your medications.
- Please bring your dental insurance information.